Happy New Year everyone! How was it for you guys? I hope you had a great night, but if, like me, you ate a little bit too much of the wrong things and are still feeling a bit bloated from all the holiday food – you could do worse than joining me adding some pineapple into your diet.
Pineapple contains a digestive enzyme called bromelain which breaks down protein and can reduce digestive upset and irritation. Pineapple also has a whole other host of health benefits including fighting inflammation in the body and easing uncomfortable sinuses.
This fruity bowl of goodness is naturally sweet and should get you well on your way to five-a-day. It’s also fibre and water-rich to help keep you full up until lunch. The toppings add contrast and extra flavour but you can play around with these to suit your own tastes.
- 3 ripe bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
- ½ cup/125g pineapple chunks, frozen
- ½ cup/125g peach slices, frozen
- 1 cup/250ml milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Chopped fruit (papaya, kiwi and passionfruit are my favourites)
- Remove the fruit from the freezer to soften slightly.
- Combine the milk and chia seeds in a blender and blend to combine.
- Gradually add in the frozen fruit until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Divide between bowls and add toppings before serving.