I love hummus! It’s such a versatile ingredient – great for snacking, lunches and easy dinners. Of course, it’s a great dip or sandwich filling, but did you know you can use it as a salad dressing (add extra oil), in pasta, jacket potatoes, mashed potatoes and even soup? Now, I know there are a lot of hummus recipes out there but, seeing as it’s so flexible, I thought it couldn’t hurt to share yet another with you all. This one has just a hint of spicy harissa but feel free to add more if you like things with a kick! Oh, and please share any ideas for how you like to use hummus in the comments.
- 1 tin/400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp rose harissa paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup/60ml water
- ½ tsp garlic powder/1 large garlic clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavour by adding more lemon juice, harissa, salt or olive oil if necessary. Add more water if it is too thick.
- Serve with raw veggies and tortilla chips or use to top jacket potatoes or salad – or just get creative!