Are you one of those people who never has enough time in the morning? These creamy, chocolatey, bananary overnight oats are for you! They’re perfect for busy people are they are so simple to throw together the night before and you can even grab and go with them in a tupperware if you don’t have time to eat at home.
If, like me, you are usually partial to a bit of mid-morning snacking, this delicious fibre and protein rich breakfast bowl should also help stave off those stomach rumbles until lunchtime.
- 2 cups/220g oats
- ¾ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- ¾ raw cacao nibs
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 cups/700ml water or milk of choice, blended into a smooth milk with 2 bananas and 4 pitted dates
- 2-4 Tbsp of maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 bananas
- Combine all the dry ingredients: oats, pecans, cacao nibs, flax seeds and chia seeds in a large bowl or tupperware.
- Into this mixture, stir in the banana milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract (if using).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, loosen up the mixture with a little water or milk, then chop the remaining bananas* and add to the oats before dividing between bowls.
- If you feel like it, make it a little bit fancy by topping with extra banana, pecans, nibs, chia seeds and/or nut butter.