This drink is the perfect cooler on a hot summer’s day at a BBQ. The ingredients are easy to throw into a bag and take to a friend’s house which is perfect if you’re not drinking but want to avoid sugary soft drinks. You don’t even really need the mint if you can’t get hold of any, as the lime and coconut water makes such a refreshing combo on it’s own.
Coconut water is incredibly hydrating and a great source of potassium, the lime gives it a sweet and tangy kick and the mint adds a wonderful smell as well as aiding digestion. It also looks the part – so you won’t get those funny looks from people that you get when you sit there with yet another glass of water! 😉
NB: Some coconut water seems to vary in sweetness, so if you find the drink too tart – try swirling in a little maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice). Go easy on it though – a little goes a long way!
- small handful of mint leaves
- 300-400ml coconut water
- 1 lime, halved
- Divide the mint between the two glasses.
- Use a teaspoon to muddle (crush) the mint leaves in the glasses, releasing their minty aroma.
- Add some ice to the glasses and pour over coconut water until almost full.
- Squeeze the juice of half a lime into each glass.
- Stir the mixture and drink straightaway.