Healthy living or not, we all deserve a treat – so for the 6th day of my ‘7 for 7’ healthy recipe series, I’m sharing a nice cream recipe in one of my favourite flavours – rum and raisin (well, sultana in this case ;-))
Ok, so it’s not entirely saintly – there’s a good splash of rum in there – but with frozen bananas and almond butter taking the place of the cream and sugar you’d usually find in traditional ice cream – you can definitely indulge without derailing your good intentions for eating healthily this year. It’s ridiculously easy to whip up with very little prep time and as the alcohol keeps the nice cream easy to scoop – you can even make up a batch and keep it in your freezer, ready for whenever you need a quick treat. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 large ripe bananas, chopped into chunks and frozen
- ¼ cup/60ml spiced rum
- ¼ cup/40g sultanas
- ¼ cup/65g almond butter (or ginger-almond for that extra kick)
- Pour the rum into a glass and heat briefly in the microwave (or on the hob) until hot. Add the sultanas and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Take out the soaked sultanas and set aside.
- Place the frozen banana chunks in a food processor with the rum and blitz until smooth.
- Add the almond butter and blitz again until combined.
- Stir in the sultanas and serve, or place into a tupperware and allow to firm up in the freezer before serving in scoops.