I love developing breakfasts for you that look like dessert – it’s such a nice way to start the day! This sundae combines thick and creamy coconut-vanilla oats with a juicy raspberry chia jam/compote. It’s delicious but also really nutrient-rich as the ingredients are packed with essential vitamins, minerals, iron and fibre making it a great way to fuel you up for the day.
NB: I personally am trying to wean myself off maple syrup (otherwise I end up putting it in EVERYTHING) but if you find the raspberry mixture a little tart, try adding a sweetener of your choice to taste.
Overnight Oats Layer
- 1 cup/110g oats
- 1½ cups/375ml milk of your choice
- ⅓ cup/32g desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Raspberry Chia Jam Layer
- 2 cups/250g fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- toasted coconut flakes
- extra raspberries
- Place the 2 cups of raspberries in a small saucepan and mash. Stir in the 2 Tbsp of chia seeds and heat gently for 10 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together all of the oat layer ingredients, place in a tupperware or bowl.
- Pour the chia jam into a separate container and place both the oats and jam in the fridge.
- In the morning, loosen up the oats with a little extra milk (optional), then layer both mixtures in glasses.
- Top with coconut flakes and raspberries if using and serve.