Now that Spring is finally here, it’s a great time to bring a little tropical goodness into your life. This yummy overnight oats bowl is incredibly simple to throw together and so moreish! The melt-in-your-mouth coconut oats are deliciously rich and creamy, providing a perfect contrast to the tangy mixture of mango and lime – you’re going to love it!
With plenty of natural sweetness, this bowlful of goodness really does taste as good as dessert, although it only uses just a touch of sugar in the form of maple syrup. It’s also full of fibre and healthy fats, so it should keep you nice and satisfied up until lunchtime.
If you prefer more of a grab and go breakfast – you can also make the mango and lime mixture the night before as well. Just put it in a separate tupperware or covered bowl and combine the two in the morning.
NB: If you’d like to cut calories, you could switch from full fat to light coconut milk or just halve the quantity and replace the other half with almond milk or water.
- 1½ cup/170g oats
- 1 tin/400ml coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or seeds from 1 pod)
- 1 cup/250ml almond milk
- 1 mango
- 1 lime
- Combine all the ingredients except the mango and lime in a tupperware and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, peel and cut the mango into slices. Mix in a bowl with lime zest and juice.
- Loosen up the oat mixture with a little extra milk if necessary.
- Divide between 4 bowls.
- Top with the mango mixture and serve! You can also add nuts or granola if you fancy a little extra crunch!