I don’t know about you, but I’m addicted to Pinterest. With the slightest of provocations (ooh, someone saved my pin!), I can find myself sucked into the Pinterest time vortex where nothing else matters but jumping from pin to pin. It’s kind of dangerous…
But one of things I love about it, is being part of this massive online community where we are all sharing our ideas. Often, brilliant ‘why doesn’t everyone know about this???’ type ideas.
I honestly don’t know if I ever would have tried the ubiquitous one-ingredient soft serve banana ice cream if I hadn’t seen it on someone’s board. Now I make it all the time! So imagine my joy when I found out (on a pinning spree no less) that you can do the same with my other favourite fruit – mango!
Now, I’ve experimented with all kind of mix-ins to flavour my banana ice cream differently (dates, cacao, nut butter, berries) so it seemed only too clear: what about a banana-mango ice cream combo? Topped with extra fruit, whipped coconut cream and toasted coconut flakes, a new dessert obsession has been born…
- 3 large ripe bananas, cut into pieces and frozen
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes, cut into pieces and frozen
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut milk (the watery part)
- 2 kiwi fruit
- 2 passionfruit
- a handful of raspberries
- a handful of toasted coconut flakes
- one tin of coconut milk (the solid part), whipped with a touch of vanilla extract and maple syrup
- Take the bananas and mangoes out of the freezer to soften.
- After 10 minutes, put the frozen fruit into a food processor with 2 Tbsp of the watery coconut milk.
- Process until thick and smooth. Add more watery coconut milk if needed.
- Put into bowls and add any or all toppings.