What does a food blogger eat when she gets sick? This week I was struck down by a bug that left me looking, feeling and acting seriously gross. I’ll spare you the details but – even after the initial sickness had passed – I could barely keep down anything – even water was a struggle! But after a few days of plain toast and porridge made with water, I was longing for something a little more nourishing that would still keep my feelings of nausea at bay.
Step up this Stomach Settling Bowl – full of ingredients known to prevent and calm nausea – cooling, rehydrating and easy to digest – it really was just what I needed! So whilst I hope you stay well – if you’re feeling a little rough, you could do worse than digging in to this combo!
P.S. Whether you’re ill or not, it’s pretty damn tasty!
- 3 ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 cup/250ml coconut water (or substitute for non-dairy milk)
- 3 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup/80ml apple puree
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 inch piece of root ginger, finely grated
- Put all the ingredients – except the banana – in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add the frozen banana, keeping blending until completely incorporated.
- Divide between two bowls and add toppings – or keep it plain and simple for easy digestion.
- Enjoy and feel better soon!