My husband Adam’s favourite vegetable is probably broccoli. Now I love it too but I have a lot lower tolerance for eating the same food over and over again so sometimes I have to get creative with how I cook it! Whilst the crunchy, lightly cooked broccoli is still the star ingredient in this dish – sweet dried cranberries, toasty almonds and a touch of garlic make sure you have a whole different set of flavours for you to enjoy as well. It pairs really well with other dishes and would make an amazing addition to your Sunday dinner.
- 1 large head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup/30g cranberries
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Place the broccoli florets in a large frying pan and add ½ cup/125ml of just boiled water. Place a lid on the pan and steam on a high heat for 3 minutes until the broccoli is a vibrant green.
- Remove from the heat to tip out any excess water and add the garlic and olive oil before returning to the hob. Turn down to a medium heat and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the garlic is golden and fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cranberries and almonds.
- Serve immediately.