As we get ever deeper into Winter, there is more need than ever for a) hot drinks and b) mood boosters. This simple infusion is definitely both – and, as it is caffeine-free – is also very hydrating. The rose petals bring a gorgeous, calming scent to help you relax, whilst mint infusions are great for aiding your digestion of all that stodgy winter food. Together these ingredients make a surprisingly fresh, clean-tasting drink that weirdly reminds me of warm mojito-type drink I once had in a bar in Manchester. Sure, it probably doesn’t quite compare, but I promise this one won’t give you a hangover!
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint
- 2 heaped Tbsp rose petals (make sure these are from unsprayed roses and suitable for consumption)
- Honey/vegan sweetener to taste (optional – I prefer it without)
- Place the mint and rose petals in a teapot and fill with freshly boiled water.
- Leave to steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain into teacups and sweeten to taste, if desired.