This nice cream is part of a little collaboration with my favourite superfood chocolate brand Doisy and Dam who generously treated me to some bars to play around with in the test kitchen!
Doisy and Dam have some deliciously quirky flavours so I decided to let this lead the way in my recipe development. This recipe takes the key flavours of their Maple, Toasted Rice and Pink Salt bar and turns them into a indulgent nice cream treat with creamy frozen banana and soaked cashews and chocolatey rice and nut clusters.
It does require a little bit of forward planning but it’s very simple and moreish – making it the perfect dessert to whip up and share with friends. Hope you enjoy!
NB: If your nice cream is too soft or you want to save it for later, blend in a teeny splash of vodka (yes, really!) which will make it easier to scoop after being in the freezer.
Serves 2 – 4 (depending on greed levels)
- 1 cup/115g pecans, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 large ripe bananas, chopped into chunks and frozen
- 1 cup/140g cashews, soaked for 6-10 hours
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cup/30g gluten-free rice pops (rice krispies)
- ¼ cup/65g almond butter
- 1 x 80g bar of Doisy & Dam Maple, Toasted Rice and Pink Salt Dark Chocolate, broken into chunks.
- sprinkle of salt
- Start by making the chocolate clusters.
- Take half the chunks of Doisy & Dam chocolate and gently melt in a bowl over a pan of just simmering water. When melted, remove from the heat and stir in the almond butter, rice pops and half of the pecan nuts, making sure they are completely covered in the chocolate mixture.
- Spread the rice pop clusters out on a sheet of greaseproof paper and sprinkle with salt. Allow to dry completely.
- Next make the nice cream. Place the soaked cashews in a high speed blender with a little water and blend until smooth. (You can also do this in the food processor but the result might be a little grainier).
- Put the thick cashew cream in a food processor with the frozen bananas and the tablespoon of maple syrup and blend until thick, smooth and creamy.
- Add the remaining pecans and chocolate chunks and process quickly to combine.
- Pile the maple nice cream into bowls or glasses, top with the chocolate clusters and drizzle with extra maple syrup if liked.