How’s that new year detox going? Are you finding it as hard as I am to motivate yourself to cook when the days are so grey? Not to worry, this recipe is seriously quick to throw together and will give your body all of the goodness it is currently craving. It’s got a beautiful rainbow of ingredients and a fruity tangy dressing made with pomegranate molasses to keep things interesting…
It makes a great side dish for lunch or dinner but if you just want something light, you can even turn it into a whole balanced meal by adding some protein like tofu, chickpeas, egg or fish (depending what you eat). I have picked all the ingredients for their high nutrient content and/or health benefits but as always, swap things up if you don’t have/don’t like anything as it’s really versatile!
- 2 big handfuls of rocket
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cucumber, sliced into bite-size pieces
- ½ yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- handful of baby plum/cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful of blueberries
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently. Divide between bowls.
- Next make the dressing.
- Put the pomegranate molasses and olive oil in a jam jar and shake vigorously to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and shake again.
- Pour over the salad and serve.